We take our customers privacy seriously. We will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
At some stages in this policy, we do have to get a little technical. We have tried our hardest to explain our privacy approach as clearly as possible. That said, we are happy to take any questions, queries or feedback on this policy, so that you can shop with confidence and complete comfort.
In this statement, ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ refers to Macquarie Alarms and Security.
FIRST UP, A DISCLAIMER
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW DO WE DO IT?
- We collect information from you directly, including personal information such as your name, address and email address.
- We may also collect information about how you use and view our website, including how you have reached the website, when you visit a page, the length of time you remain on the page and any actions you take on the website. This is done through software placed on our website.
- We may collect and record personal information when we interact with you in the following ways:
- When you create an account, or fill out any form at our website
- During online, telephone or in person conversations with our team members
- When you complete an order or purchase a product online, by phone or in person
- When you communicate with us directly by email, telephone, in person or any other means
- When you interact with us on social media, including Facebook and Twitter
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and/or services that you have requested from us
- To create and fill orders, including transaction records, tax invoices, receipts, return requests and other related items
- To communicate with you (for example via email or on site messaging) about our products and services, special offers or events that might be of interest to you
- To consider and respond to any questions or complaints you have, or provide you with advice
- To pass on to third parties, such as Australia Post, so that your order can be filled
- To carry out marketing activities including email marketing and remarketing
- To carry out research into the services and products we provide
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
Your personal information may be accessible to Third Parties including:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
USE OF THIS SITE BY CHILDREN
This website does not market to children. If you are under 18, please use this site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
HOW CAN I MANAGE MY SUBSCRIPTION PREFERENCES?
You can unsubscribe from any email correspondence by clicking the link at the bottom of our emails.
Please note, you may still receive transaction related communication automatically generated via your service related contracts with us.
WHAT IF I HAVE A QUERY OR COMPLAINT?
If you have a complaint about how we are collected or handled your personal information, please contact us. We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter.
If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the circumstances of the matter that you are complaining about, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved.
We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US:
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can send a letter to:
Macquarie Alarms & Security
11 Rosulyn Street,
Or, if you would like to contact OAIC, you can contact:
Officer of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
WILL THIS POLICY CHANGE?